DEFEND YOURSELF. DEFEND OTHERS. BE SAFE.
What You’ll Learn in Krav Maga Self Defense Training at National Karate:
- You learn to stay calm, control your own fear and use it to your advantage in an attack
- You will be mentally prepared for hand-to-hand combat against any sized attacker
- You will be able to end an attack quickly allowing you to escape to safety
- You will effectively subdue, overcome and disable an attacker
- You will see how easy it is to learn and why Krav Maga self-defense is so popular
There is no need to look for trouble. Trouble will find you. Being ready can be the difference between life and death.
Attacks happen instantly and without warning. Waiting for the train alone, at college parties and dorm rooms or even when out enjoying a night on the town in a group. And when you are attacked, there is no time to prepare. You must act instantly in order to save your life or defend someone else’s life.
Will you know what to do? Will you have the confidence to defend yourself or others – even if your attacker has a weapon?
Self-defense is the one skill that every person needs to know. And knowing the right self-defense skills can be the difference between being safe or a victim.
We live in a dangerous world of school shootings, workplace violence, gang activity and lone wolf terrorism. Self-defense is a skill that everyone needs today. It is like an insurance policy – you hope that you never need it, but you wouldn’t want to be caught without it.
National Karate is proud to offer Krav Maga Self Defense Training. Krav Maga is a self defense system for adults developed by the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF). Krav Maga is used by law enforcement and intelligence organizations worldwide.
Krav Maga is simple but extremely effective self defense techniques designed to quickly overcome an attacker of any size – even if they have a weapon or take you from behind or by surprise.
Krav Maga self defense training also includes situational awareness training to help you understand your surroundings to help identify potential threats, helping you minimize or avoid the risk of being attacked.
Frequently Asked Questions About Krav Maga at National Karate
- Who Should Attend This Training?
- Young Adults (15 years and older. Our Bartlett and South Elgin locations also have seperate 12-14 year old teen classes.)
- Anyone who wants to feel safe and confident wherever they go
- Do I Need To Wear A Uniform?
- No. You only need to wear comfortable, “gym” clothing
- Are There Competitions or Belts To Earn?
- No. Krav Maga is strictly about self-defense
- Who Are The Instructors of Krav Maga?
- The Krav Maga trainers who will teach you are experienced instructors and have been trained and certified by the Krav Maga Association
- Is there a particular start date? Or can new people start anytime?
- New students can start anytime because our classes are taught with a rotating curriculum. We start new people each week.
- The video looks intimidating – can “regular people” do Krav Maga?
- Krav Maga is easy to learn and anyone can do it! The video was filmed while the Krav Maga Instructors were working out so we can see why it might look intimidating. But the regular beginner Krav Maga class is full of regular people and the instructors are very patient and welcoming.
Get a Free Guest Pass Online!
You can try our program absolutely free for ONE MONTH!. When you come in, we’ll introduce you to our staff and show you how easy it is to get started. This free month will let you experience our program firsthand and let you see for your self how simple and
effective Krav Maga Self-Defense is!
(New Students Only. No Purchase Necessary.)